LOCKDOWN BLOG #10: Thank you
We’ve written a couple of blogs this year as part of this #Lockdown series, about the support we’ve had from other local businesses including independent bottle shops, other breweries, restaurants, pubs and online retailers.
Some of these businesses, like the wonderful Edinburgh Beer Box, popped up in response to the pandemic and are still going strong, some nine months later.
Others, like us, continue to work hard to survive – by being creative and shifting focus to takeaway drinks and food or online sales instead of taproom or pub sales.
All of us have enjoyed the loyalty of customers, many of whom discovered us for the first time during lockdown walks, or through online shopping.
And it’s definitely shown up how interdependent we all are, as small businesses, neighbours and communities.
We hope that 2021 will be a better year for all of us, health wise, business wise, money wise.
But meantime, we’d like to say a whole series of ‘thank you’s’.
So here goes. It’s quite a list!
THANK YOU TO
- Our friends in other breweries in Edinburgh and surrounds, for mutual support and collaboration in tough times: Barneys Beer, Campervan, Edinburgh Beer Factory, Jump Ship Brewery, Pilot Beer, Stewart Brewing, Tempest Brewing, Top Out Brewery and Winton Brewery
- Local creatives, Ben, Joe and Dan for your amazingly generous support in helping us to launch our brand refresh, with impact
- Colony of Artists for painting us a beautiful mural
- Edinburgh Beer Box, Schop, Keep Edinburgh Thriving and Edinburgh Booze Delivery for helping us to find new routes to market
- Cork & Cask, Cornelius, Beer Zoo, Beer Hive, Appellation Wines, Fine Wines, Drinkmonger, Great Grog and all the other wonderful independent bottle shops who have taken care to stock beers by local breweries during this pandemic
And thank you and remember, wherever you live in the UK, every pound you spend in your local community will help to make sure that we all survive, to serve you with award winning food and drinks, when all this is over.
So this Christmas and Hogmanay, whether you buy beer direct from a local brewery, or freshly prepared meals for eating at home from a closed restaurant business, or your veg and basics through a ‘box’ scheme, you’re helping to support jobs in small, independent businesses.
#SUPPORTLOCAL #SHOPLOCAL #DRINKLOCAL
Have a great one,
Also in News
Up next in our kitchen is the Caravan of Courage serving their “Relaxed but fresh” vegan offerings.
Creativity is at the forefront of Graeme’s cooking. He rarely measures things out but rather prefers to go with a taste approach, using seasonal ingredients and plenty of flavour.
The Fat Flamingo are Edinburgh street food legends and are firm Bellfield Brewery favourites!
Describing themselves as global food curators of spice, fire and butter. Their tacos are the stuff of dreams. Venison nachos with cheese sauce, peach and chipotle salsa and lime sour cream on loaded tortilla chips, or a vegan black bean and sweet potato chilli with "cheese" sauce, peach and chipotle salsa and lime sour cream are just a few examples of the kind of thing you can look forward to this week.