Daft Days Competition
Celebrate the Daft Days* in style - Win a mixed case of 24 beers, a T-Shirt, and 5 Litre casks of our festive specials - Jex-Blake Mosaic and Eighty Shilling.
The winner will be drawn at 6pm on Daft Friday (11th December). For a chance to win simply sign up to our newsletter to be kept informed of new beers, events and special offers.
THE COMPETITION HAS NOW CLOSED
We’ve named our porter after a poem by the great Edinburgh poet, Robert Fergusson (1750-74) who deeply influenced Robert Burns and who was born a short walk from Bellfield Brewery, in Cap and Feather Close off the High Street. His headstone in Canongate Kirkyard was designed and paid for by Robert Burns.
The poem celebrates that period from Christmas to New Year, known in Scots as the ‘daft days’ because it is given over to high spirits, celebration and indulgence.
In The Daft Days, Fergusson describes the chill, pallid sunshine and hush that falls over the natural world in winter.
But the poem celebrates the cheer and the shelter that Edinburgh (Auld Reekie) offers, where people can take their fill of food and drink and enjoy good conversation, dancing and music.
Auld Reikie! thou’rt the canty hole,
A bield for many caldrife soul,
Wha snugly at thine ingle loll,
Baith warm and couth,
While round they gar the bicker roll
To weet their mouth.
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is: Bellfield Brewery, 46 Stanley Place, Edinburgh EH7 5TB.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Bellfield Brewery and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be at 5pm on 11/12/2020. After this point no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- You must sign up to the Bellfield Brewery newsletter and follow Bellfield Brewery on at least one social media platform: Instagram (@BellfieldBrewery), Facebook (@BellfieldBrewery ), Twitter (@TheBellfield)
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows: a mixed case of 24 beers, a T-Shirt, and 5 Litre casks of our festive specials - Jex-Blake Mosaic IPA and Eighty Shilling